Bitcoin Foundation Board Nomination
Documents for the board nomination:
Signed Nomination Form
You should be able to copy and paste directly from this webpage to the posting box with the formatting and hyperlinks kept intact. However, your computer may cause some of the formatting to be lost, etc. You can easily fix most of the problems in the post box, making any changes and then Previewing the post. If you could please make sure the formatting looks good before posting then both I and the readers would greatly appreciate it.
If needed the statement of qualifications, etc. are available in the Pages or Word Doc. It may be easier to use the Pages to copy and paste if you have a Mac.
************ BEGIN *******************
Please use this thread to communicate with and about this candidate.
Candidate name: Trace Mayer, J.D.
Running for: Individual Seat
STATEMENT OF QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor in Accounting and Doctor of Law (wrote a 40 page academic paper on American monetary jurisprudence)
- Member of the Society of Professional Journalists (freedom of speech advocate)
- Author of Bitcoin Beginner’s Guide, A Lawyer’s Take On Bitcoin and Taxes, The Great Credit Contraction, How To Vanish The Book and several others publications
- Significant contributor to Bitcoin.org FAQ
- Very early Bitcoin thought leader with popular blogs RunToGold and HowToVanish
- National level media appearances: The Colbert Report, FOX Business, BBC Newsnight, BNN, Russia Today, Economic Policy Journal with writings syndicated through Seeking Alpha, Yahoo! Finance, MarketWatch and several other publications
- Presented at Bitcoin 2013 Conference - Legal Classification of Bitcoin
- Invited to present on Bitcoin in the United States, Europe and Asia with audience members from the Federal Reserve, Bundesbank, major banks, IRS, FBI, many billionaires and multi-millionaires, VCs, investment conferences along with plenty of other people. In presentations and discussions with central bankers, major banks and law enforcement I have always presented objectively on the Bitcoin protocol and persuasively on the features, advantages and benefits. I see the Bitcoin Foundation director’s role as similar.
- Helped draft memos to central bank officials and regulators for official comment on Bitcoin classification. Not the CA letter and cannot disclose due to confidentiality.
- Editorial Board of Bitcoin Magazine and investor
- Bitpay seed round investor
- Lead investor on a $500,000 seed round for a company which will be publicly announced around Aug 20th. This funding will be of great benefit to the Bitcoin ecosystem in general.
I already dedicate a significant amount of time and resources towards Bitcoin related endeavors and am among the few who can coherently tie together the technology, finance, accounting, legal, marketing, entrepreneurial and investor aspects of this disruptive technology.
Areas I want to focus on in order of importance are:
- Marketing and branding of Bitcoin
- Providing guidance and connecting market participants within the Bitcoin economy
- Growth of the local chapters or Meet-Up groups to forge personal ties within the Bitcoin economy
- Education of merchants and industry participants. For example, I have been very helpful in getting the BTC4ERP project off the ground.
- Education of regulators and law enforcement. I see my role as a representative diplomat from Bitcoinlandia. Some Bitcoiners want to opt-in to regulation while others do not. Therefore, as I see the Bitcoin Foundation director’s role is to present to policy markers and other individuals of influence objectively on the protocol and persuasively about the features, advantages and benefits.
Importantly, I have significant control over how my time is allocated, currently have no intent to pursue my own Bitcoin startup and consequently can continue devoting significant time and resources to getting things done that advance Bitcoin.
AREAS OF BITCOIN INTEREST:
I am greatly interested in wallet developments, protocol developments that will allow for greater use by corporations, crowd funding, smart property contracts, colored coins, international remittances, mobile, developing markets like Africa and Asia along with tangential projects like BitMessage and Open Transactions. I see Bitcoin as only one piece of the solution to The Great Credit Contraction as the financial and currency markets are creatively destroyed and innovating in this space is so much fun!
************ END *******************