If you Like HowToVanish on Facebook then we will give you one of the $2-3 30 page Mini-Guides for free. Just send us a message on Facebook and let us know which one you want: (1) Financial, (2) Political or (3) Personal.

{ 8 comments… read them below or add one }

1 Grant Hall June 15, 2010 at 12:56 pm

Hello,
I enjoyed your articles on bank privacy.
Some are using check cashing stores as a means of keeping control of their cash. Certain privacy seekers also use anonymous safe deposit boxes or rent them under an entity that they control.

Grant Hall
contact@PrivacyCrisis.com

2 Bill Rounds J.D. June 25, 2010 at 5:33 pm

Great tips, thanks for sharing. It is certainly getting harder to conduct business without constant surveillance, but those methods provide some good alternatives to Big Brother’s system.

3 Cassy January 13, 2011 at 4:37 pm

I am female,and would like to know safety hints about how to avoid stalkers and preditors.

4 Gary February 10, 2011 at 8:34 am

Good very brief primer, but in no way lives up to the title.
Of course the quandary is how to give out secret information to the masses when doing so invites a decimation of its secrecy, and ergo utility.
What we all need, and may be achievable with a few levels of preparation, is the equivilent of cash in a debit card form. This article does not quite describe how to accomplish that.

5 Beth April 1, 2011 at 8:56 pm

@Cassy –
Being aware that they are out there is a good start, and being aware of your surroundings is vital. I am sure the web is full of sites that can help with many things. I usually carry pepper-foam spray in my pocket on a wrist cord so that I am less likely to drop or lose it, and keep several quite serious self-protection devices in my auto and home. Well trained dogs work well too. I never give my address or phone number out if I don’t have to, have an unlisted number, don’t use my real name on the web, and have a dummy company with a PO Box that gets my mail, buys and sells for me as often as possible including my utilities, my travel documents, and much more. My doctors and others get a number that is not my SS# if they don’t need it for insurance purposes. Most people understand why if you say “Can I use another form of id, or number?” My phone number often works as a good substitute. Be creative, and be discrete. It’s hard for someone to stalk you if don’t let them follow you. See them first. Be smart, which it sounds like you are.

6 Beth April 1, 2011 at 9:19 pm

@Cassy –
One more thing — don’t put cute photos of yourself on your home page. Either use your pet, group pics, or old pics. I have posted a few high school photos, which of course lets all my very old friends still recognize me, but keeps the rest of the world guessing. So many younger people don’t realize just how much info a photo wall can give someone who is looking.

7 offshore debit card May 26, 2011 at 5:10 pm

There is alot of pressure behind the scenes from the powers that be to eliminate the offshore debit card. Gone are the days of easily procuring such an instrument of privacy. Getting an offshore bank account with an ATM card is always easy and getting a visa card attached to an offshore bank account is easily done. But the stand alone offshore debit card that is funded via an ecurrency will be a rare beast in the future. Thanks Bill Rounds for this article on the gift card and for your fine web site in general.

8 Graeme Crackerson December 29, 2011 at 7:29 am

Bill,

I found out that Western Union has a debit card available for folks with no social security number. My son is 19 and still does not have a social security number. On Western Union’s web page when applying for a debit card they have a box for ss #. A pop up says “No SS#, no problem just call the 800#. So I did and they informed me it is mainly for our hispanic friends south of the border in the US who cannot get a SS#. You still have to give your address with a utility bill or something with your name on it to prove you exist. This should not be too difficult wih a ghost address or such and a little ingenuity. You should check this out and write an update about it. I wanted to make you aware of what I found out.

Regards,